Volunteer to gain experience
- Connect to local and national volunteer opportunities
- Check out opportunities to volunteer abroad
- Find more information about volunteerism in the nonprofit sector through related industry links, associations and programs
Career Services – Mount Royal University
- Get connected: Numerous non-profit organizations recruit MRU students for a variety of volunteer opportunities
- On-campus volunteer opportunities
- Connect with professionals in your field
- Focus tip sheets:
The City of Calgary
Become part of an amazing group of volunteers who share their time, skills and enthusiasm with one of the many services or programs the city offers. There are a wide range of volunteer experiences for you to choose from.
A non-profit company working to strengthen organizations in the community through training, consulting and project management. Propellus connects Calgarians to volunteer opportunities in the city.
The Serving Communities Internship Program (SCiP) aims to build stronger communities and leaders in Alberta by connecting post-secondary students with part-time internships in the nonprofit/voluntary sector. SCiP internships give students real experience for their resumes, connections for their job hunt, and $1,000 at the end of the internship.
Your connection to Canada’s volunteering community. Learn more about volunteer centres near you, and explore volunteer opportunity that suits your skills and interests.
- Calgary Chamber of Volunteer Resources (CCVO)
Promotes and strengthens the nonprofit and volunteer sector by developing and sharing resources and knowledge, building connections, leading collaborative work, and giving voice to critical issues affecting the sector.
- Canadian Administrators of Volunteer Resources (CAVR)
National association that provides leadership and professional certification for Administrators of volunteer resources.
- Charity Village
Canada's super site for the non-profit sector.
- Imagine Canada
Canada's national program to promote giving, volunteering and support for the community.
Alberta Government – Alberta Learning Information Service (ALIS)
- Volunteering: Putting your volunteer experience to work
- Volunteering: 6 ways volunteering can boost your career
- Bachelor of Business Administration
Social Innovation Minor.