Group health, dental, life, and LTD benefits are the responsibility of the Employee Services group. This includes liaison with benefit carriers, group insurance policy interpretations and alterations, claims, as well as the initial application for employee coverage, terminations, and changes to employee and dependent coverage and beneficiaries.
Working closely with the Employee Services staff we ensure we respond quickly to changes in coverage and that the premiums deducted from employees are correct. This area is also responsible for the notifications and premium collections for continuing term employees and employees on other types of leaves to ensure that appropriate benefit coverage is kept in place during the leave period.
A comprehensive Employee Orientation program is in place. The benefits orientation includes the completion of benefit applications and the collection of other required information for payroll purposes. The campus orientation includes information relating to Health and Safety, FOIP, Human Rights, Ergonomics, WCB, Security, the MRSA as well as a tour of the campus.
Summary of Benefits
- General Information [pdf]
- Survivor Benefits [pdf]
- Frequently Asked Questions regarding your benefits [pdf]
Employee Family Assistance Program
Homewood Health direct link to the Employee Family Assistance Program (EFAP).
- Faculty [pdf]
- Full-Time Staff [pdf]
- Exempt Staff [pdf]
- Part-Time Staff 17 - <25 hours [pdf]
- Part-Time Staff 25 - <35 hours [pdf]
- Management [pdf]
- Childcare [pdf]
Sun Life Benefits
- Full-Time Faculty Benefit Booklet [pdf]
- Contract Faculty Benefit Booklet [pdf]
- Full-Time Staff and Exempt Staff Benefit Booklet [pdf]
- Part-Time Staff and Exempt Staff Benefit Booklet [pdf]
- Management Benefit Booklet [pdf]
- Childcare Benefit Booklet [pdf]
- Dental Care Claim Form [pdf]
- Extended Health Care Claim Form [pdf]
- Welcome to Sun Life [pdf]
- On-line Sun Life Registration and Claims Demo
- Sun Life Travel [pdf]
- Sun Life Prescription Drug Card [pdf]
- Extended Health Cost Saving Tips [pdf]
- Drug Exception Application Form [pdf]
Supplementary Unemployment Benefit (SUB) Plan
Frequently Asked Questions for Health Account (HSA)
- Full-Time Faculty [pdf]
- Contract Faculty [pdf]
- Full-Time Staff and Exempt Staff [pdf]
- Part-Time Staff [pdf]
- Management [pdf]
- Eligible Expenses [pdf]
Direct Link To Sun Life for information regarding your Extended Health Care and/or Dental Care claims.
If you are taking a vacation, you should know that Europ Assistance (our travel insurance provider) may suspend coverage due to conditions such as war, political unrest, epidemics and geographical inaccessibility. For an up to date list of countries with these conditions go to www.voyage.gc.ca before you travel.
For More Benefit Information, Contact:
Home and Automobile Insurance
Save money with Group Automobile & Residential Insurance programs at discounted rates for Mount Royal University employees. Enjoy the Benefits of Preferred Rates.
Mount Royal employees, their spouses and dependants are eligible for this voluntary benefit.
Get a quote from The Personal or 1.888.476.8737
Get a quote from TD Insurance or 1.888.385.6865