Frequently asked questions
Social workers require the following skills to be effective:
- excellent interpersonal communication skills;
- interest in people, maturity, patience and high energy;
- independent, resourceful, responsible, ethical;
- capacity to work well in small groups and collaborative environments;
- creative and innovative problem solving skills;
- ability to put aside personal bias and beliefs and to be sensitive to the beliefs of others;
- awareness of community, national, and international issues that effect how people live their lives; and the desire to make a difference
Upon receipt of an application for admission and an official transcript from each current or previously attended a post-secondary institution, transfer course equivalencies are assessed.
Learn more about Mount Royal’s transfer equivalency and credit requirements.
*Please note that the Social Work Diploma is offered on-campus, during the day. We do not offer distance or online delivery.