Frequently asked questions about fee payments at Mount Royal
FAQ - General fee payment
*Subject to change without notice.
• If you re-register, you will be charged a re-registration fee. See the Fees and Deposits section in the Academic Calendar.
• Course availability is not guaranteed; courses may have filled in the meantime. Early registration and payment of fees is recommended.
• If you have not paid your fees in full by the second fee deadline, you will be de-registered. If you re-register, you will be charged a re-registration fee and reinstated into your courses upon full payment of all fees. Reinstatement can only be done in-person at the Office of the Registrar (Kerby Hall A101).
• Log in to MyMRU
• Choose the Student Resources tab
• My Account select Registration
• Select Student Schedule/Bill
• Select the term for which you want to print a receipt
• Print the Student Schedule/Bill page as your receipt
When making a payment through the Plastiq site, you are asked for an e-mail address and a confirmation of your payment will be sent to the e-mail provided. You can also print a copy of your receipt at the time of payment. Mount Royal will not be able to access or print this receipt for you.
• Some financial holds will restrict you from the following activities until payment is made in full:
• Receipt of final grades
• Use of Mount Royal facilities
• Ordering and receiving transcripts, and
• Other services
• Outstanding balances can be paid, in person or over the phone at the Registrar’s Office (A101) during business hours (Monday – Friday, 8:30-4:30)
• Students who have a financial hold and pay all outstanding fees must send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request the hold be removed.
• Student ID number
• Full name
• E-mail address
• Invoice numbers (from the confirmation of payment receipt)
Credits due to tuition/fee adjustments are only issued to students who follow formal cancellation procedures before the deadlines shown in the Academic Schedule. No tuition/fee adjustment credits will be issued after the end of the Add/Drop period for each semester.
Fall Semester only- students who cancel their registration will forfeit a $125 cancellation fee (unless registration was canceled before the first fee payment deadline) which will be withheld from the refund of any fees that have been paid.
Credit balances on all student accounts will be transferred to the next active term. Refunds for fee overpayments are processed upon a student's request via e-mail at email@example.com. Refunds can take five to seven weeks to process. Mount Royal University will refund back to original payment method used when possible. It is the student’s responsibility to ensure that their address is current as refunds cannot be processed if your address on file is inactive.
Credit balances due to scholarships are automatically refunded in October. If the balance is due to government loans or grants, it will be automatically refunded and only carried over to the next active term at the student’s request.
• For questions or concerns regarding the student health and dental plan, call 403.440.6267 or visit the SAMRU Benefits Plan webpage.