Languages and Cultures
Practice your language skills in state-of-the-art multimedia labs and draw on the linguistic and cultural expertise of faculty members who are mostly native speakers. Mount Royal’s English, Languages, and Cultures Department offers credit courses at a variety of levels in:
Scholarships and Awards for Students: Click here
Through MRU Scholarships and Bursaries, students can apply for 3 awards related to French, 2 awards related to Italian and one general award:
• Donna Cox Memorial Award
• Robert Spence Memorial Scholarship
• Queen Elizabeth II Silver Jubliee Endowment Fund for Study in a Second Official
• Calgary Italian Sportsman Dinner Association Legacy Scholarship
• Calgary Italian Sportsman Dinner Association Scholarship
• Eva Rosenberg Memorial Scholarship
Non-Credit Language Courses:
If you are interested in taking non-credit courses, please contact the Languages Institute.
Department Highlights: Click here
José Gordillo's exhibit at Mount Royal University library. More...
Bachelor of Arts
Mount Royal’s four-year Bachelor of Arts gives you the freedom of countless career destinations. The program offers majors in Spanish, Anthropology, English, History, Policy Studies, Psychology, and Sociology as well as minors in 17 subject areas. More...