MRU Guides and Online Resources
- APA for Academic Writing (2017-2018)
- Formatting an APA Paper (2017-2018)
- Writing Good Abstracts in APA (2017-2018)
- APA Q & A for Criminal Justice Studies (CRJS, 2017-2018)
- APA Tutorial: Succeeding with APA
- APA Self-Assessment Quiz
Two free APA workshops are available on campus!
APA I: The Basics covers the fundamentals of APA referencing.
APA II: Beyond the Basics tackles APA challenges such as missing information.
There is no need to pre-register. Check the schedule for dates and times.
From the American Psychological Association (APA)
- MLA Style for Academic Work (2017-2018)
- Formatting an MLA Paper (2017-2018)
- Citing Images in MLA (2017-2018)
- Blank MLA Template
Attend a free MLA Referencing workshop to learn the basics. There is no need to pre-register. Check the schedule for dates and times.
From the Modern Language Association (MLA)
- Chicago-Style Citation for Assignments in History: Notes and Bibliography Format (2017-2018)
- Chicago Legal Citation
From The Chicago Manual of Style
Plagiarism/Rules for Using Research in Your Written Work
- Student Conduct Guide - see pages 14-18 for Academic Misconduct
- Office of Student Conduct - Frequently Asked Questions
- Office of Student Conduct - Guide to avoiding plagiarism
- Video presentation on avoiding plagiarism