Student Learning Services
Creating integral learning experiences to develop self-directed learners
- Connect with experienced professionals in your field
- Contribute to the growth and development of MRU students
Jump into your course work with MRU’s Peer Tutor program.
- Come to Peer-Assisted Study Session (PASS)
- Get a Peer Tutor
- Be a Peer Tutor or PASS Leader
Helping you make the most of your study time...
Final exam season is here… Which of these test-taking strategies do you already use?
- Arrive 10 to 15 minutes early.
- As soon as you can begin, write down any information you’re worried you might forget (important formulas, terminology, dates, etc.)
- Preview the test. How many questions are there? What types of questions are they? How are marks allocated?
- Plan your time for each section.
- Read the directions carefully so you don’t miss essential information. Highlighting key words can help.
- Do the questions you are sure of first. This will help you to stay confident and maximize your marks in case you run out of time.
Remember that there are specific strategies for multiple choice exams and essay exams.
Good luck on your finals!
|20 & 27||no one-on-one appointments or Library Drop-In|
|4||spring classes start - book your one-on-one appointments with a Writing & Learning Strategist|