How to keep payment card data secure
- Everyone who handles payment card information is required to complete security awareness training. The training is delivered online through Blackboard. If security awareness courses are not listed under My Courses in Blackboard, you have not been registered for training.
- To register for training complete the registration form.
- Do not process payment card information for another department.
- Do not accept payment card information over an unsecured phone, unsecured fax or email.
- Do not process payments from walk-ins on your computer. Direct them to an approved terminal.
- Do not transfer customers calls from an unsecured phone line to a secured phone line for payment processing. Have them call the secured phone line directly.
Have more questions? Check out the PCI Wiki. It contains all you need to know about receiving, storing and processing payment card data in one easy to search site.