A B.Sc. in General Science will give you a solid foundation in the physical and natural sciences, as well as the chance to specialize in a particular area of interest.
If you are sure about a science degree, but unsure about the major you want to pursue, General Science is the best place to start. Specialize in one of the following four areas:
- Mathematics and Computer Science
- Physical Sciences
- Earth Sciences
- Biological Sciences
As a graduate of this program, you will be able to:
- understand scientific thought and the scientific method
- critically evaluate and assess scientific studies
- work in a modern lab and field environment
- collect, interpret and evaluate data and observations
- read, understand and present information in a variety of formats
- be creative and innovative in exploring possible solutions
- contribute to a team in scientific settings
Well-trained scientists are in high demand in Canada. With a B.Sc. in General Science, you will be prepared to pursue graduate studies in science and other fields of study such as law, finance, accounting and others.
A hands-on approach
You will get hands-on experience with guided inquiry labs and field schools, where you’ll see first-hand how science really works.
Out in the world
Depending on your courses, you will also get the opportunity to do work in the field and participate in field trips. There are several opportunities to study internationally. The geography department will offer Travel Study courses to exciting regional destinations such as Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam and Italy. Learn more about international study.
Faculty members are involved in research, which offers students the added bonus of being involved as well. It’s yet another way to get some real-world experience, a great learning tool that will increase your marketability once you graduate.
Interested in admission requirements? Visit Admissions and Recruitment.
For program planning, course selection and academic advising, visit Academic Advising Services.