Policies & Guidelines

Correction to your personal information

How to request a correction of your Personal Information at Mount Royal University under the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act:

1. Contact the Mount Royal University Department, Faculty, or Operational Area that has the custody and control of your personal information. Make an informal request to have a correction made to your personal information.

2. If you are not satisfied with the Department, Faculty, or Operational Area's response to your request for a correction to your personal information you may re-submit your request formally in writing to the Mount Royal University Information Management & Privacy Office using the Request to Correct Personal Information Form.

Note: For security reasons, requests for correction by e-mail cannot be accepted.

3. Your Form requesting a correction of your personal information must include the following:

  • A description of the personal information you need corrected.
  • The Department, Faculty, Operational Area where the information resides.
  • A outline of the correction that needs to be made.
  • A reason why the correction is required.

4. Mount Royal University Information Management & Privacy Office will review your request and determine whether the correction will be made. Once the University reaches a decision, you will be notified of that decision in writing.

Note - Corrections cannot be made to opinions, including that of those belonging to professionals or experts in a particular field as according to section 36(2) of the Act.