Student Record

Student record

Every student who has been admitted to and attends Mount Royal has a student record. This record contains documentation from your initial application to graduation. Your record is maintained by the Records area within the Office of the Registrar.


 Personal Profile

You are responsible for ensuring that your personal profile information is accurate.
Photo identification is required for in-person changes (driver's license or student ID).

View your personal profile

You can view your personal profile by following these steps:

  1. Login to MyMRU
  2. Select the My Program tab
  3. Go to Personal Information 

Legal name change

You must notify Mount Royal if you have legally changed your name. We will update the name on your student record. If your name has changed, contact the Office of the Registrar in person (A101) or email from your MRU account. 

You will be asked to provide documentation, where applicable, showing the name change (e.g. a marriage certificate or divorce decree) as well as a piece of government-issued photo ID with your new name on it, such as a driver's licence or passport. Documentation must be the original or a certified copy. 

We do not accept documentation via email, it must be delivered in person or mailed to the following address: 

Office of the Registrar (A101)
4825 Mount Royal Gate SW
Calgary, AB Canada T3E 6K6

Preferred first name change

A preferred name is a name by which you choose to identify yourself within the Mount Royal University community that differs from your official/legal name. If you are a student, visit the FAQ page for further information on how your preferred name will be used.

Change your preferred first name by following these steps:

  1. Log into MyMRU
  2. Select the My Program tab
  3. Go to Personal Information
  4. Select Update my preferred first name  

Address change

Please ensure that your address is up to date at all times. If you have moved since your initial application for admission, you can change your address in person, by mail, fax, or e-mail.

To request an address change by mail, fax or email, you must provide the following:

  1. Full name and any former name(s) (if applicable)
  2. Student ID Number
  3. Former address
  4. New address (including the effective change date)
  5. Date of request
  6. Daytime phone number



Within two weeks of the first day of classes, your instructor will provide a written statement outlining the method of grading and the weights to be assigned to the components of the course. Grade weighting will not change throughout the semester. Final grades are normally posted within three business days after the last day of the final exam period. You are responsible for checking your final grades and academic status at the end of each semester.

How do I get my grades?

You can view your grades in MyMRU:

  1. Login to MyMRU
  2. Select the My Program Tab
  3. Go to Student Grades

Grade appeal

You may appeal a final grade under exceptional circumstances. However, appealing a grade does not guarantee that the grade will be changed. If you plan to appeal the grade you must file the formal appeal within 20 days of the grade being posted.

Grade appeals will be considered for the following reasons:

  1. The final grade was not calculated on all work completed and as indicated in the course outline.
  2. There was a mathematical miscalculation of the final grade.
  3. There was an alleged unfair assessment of academic performance.

If you think that you qualify for a grade appeal, please review and follow the steps listed in the Academic Appeal and Grievance section in the current Mount Royal Calendar.

Grade Point Average (GPA)

Mount Royal uses a 4.00 point scale to calculate grades. Your GPA can be calculated at the end of each semester or cumulatively over your academic career. GPA is determined by dividing the total grade points earned by the number of credit hours attempted. You can find your GPA on your transcript and online in MyMRU (My Program>Academic Profile>Transcript).

Your cumulative GPA is used to determine your academic standing at the end of each academic semester. If you repeat a course, only the higher grade awarded is used to determine the cumulative GPA, eligibility to graduate and continuance as a student in good standing at Mount Royal. To graduate from any program you must achieve a minimum GPA of 2.00 in addition to program-specific requirements.

Grades not included in the GPA calculation are: 'AU', 'CR', 'I', 'NC', , 'Q', 'W', 'WC', 'TR', 'EP', 'EF', 'IP', '*', and percentage grades.

For details on grades, transcript symbols and GPA calculations, consult the current Mount Royal Academic Calendar.


How to calculate your GPA

You can calculate your GPA at the end of each semester or cumulatively over your academic career. Your cumulative GPA can be calculated using the following equation:

Semester GPA = Semester Quality Points/Semester Quality Hours

Cumulative GPA (overall) = Cumulative Grade Points/ Cumulative Grade Hours



Honour Roll

Dean's Honour Roll
A student who earns 12 or more credit hours in a semester at Mount Royal with a semester GPA of 3.50 or higher will be placed on the Dean's Honour Roll. A notation of this achievement will appear on your transcript and a letter will be issued notifying you of your success.

President's Honour Roll

A student who earns 24 or more credit hours in an academic year at Mount Royal with a GPA of 3.75 or higher, for that academic year, will be placed on the President's Honour Roll. A notation of this achievement will appear on your transcript and a letter will be issued notifying you of your success.


 Transcripts (Credit)


Your academic transcript is the permanent record showing your academic history at Mount Royal. It will contain:

  • Full legal name
  • Student identification number
  • Date of birth (day and month only)
  • Program of study (major & minor)
  • Course level (credit vs. continuing education)
  • Date issued
  • All credit and upgrading courses attempted or completed at Mount Royal and the awarded grades
  • Transfer equivalencies awarded by Mount Royal (if you took courses at other post-secondary institutions)
  • Repetition of a course
  • Semester and cumulative GPA
  • Academic standing
  • Designations awarded (Dean's/President's Honour Roll)

Note: Students should verify that all information on their transcript is correct.

Ordering an official Mount Royal transcript
There are several ways to order an official transcript. Requests can be made online, by mail, fax, or in person.                                       

If you need your student ID number or assistance to access your online account, you can email

Accessing a MyCreds™ transcript
All digital transcripts are uploaded to MyCreds™. We will send an email notification once the transcript has been uploaded. Your transcript can be accessed by logging into MyCreds™, selecting Mount Royal University as the "Institution," and entering your MyMRU username and password. 
If you are not a current student, please ensure your email is up to date if you are ordering a digital transcript, as that is where the notification will be sent once the transcript is uploaded. 

Ordering an unofficial Mount Royal transcript
You can view or print an unofficial transcript from MyMRU by following the steps below:

  1. Login to MyMRU
  2. Select the Home tab.
  3. Select Online Services for Former Students & Employees.
  4. Select Student Records & Transcripts
  5. Select Request Official Transcript

Digital and paper transcripts are available as follows:

  • Digital transcripts are issued via MyCreds™. They are issued at no charge. If you wish to share your transcripts with another post-secondary institution or an employer, you can do so at a cost of $16 per share through the MyCreds™ platform. 
  • Paper transcripts are issued via standard mail at a cost of $20 per document.

Unofficial transcripts can be accessed for free via MyMRU and are also available in person for a fee of $5.00. 


Transcripts from Apply Alberta
Transcripts for students using ApplyAlberta are typically requested on your behalf by the institution(s) you have applied to. However, it is your responsibility to ensure that the institution(s) receive your transcripts in support of your application. The delivery status of transcript(s) can be viewed in your ApplyAlberta profile. You must request Continuing Education and Extension transcripts as they are not processed through ApplyAlberta. 


Transcript for admission to Mount Royal
See our admissions website for more details on transcripts for admission to Mount Royal.