Security Awareness Training
Mount Royal has two security awareness training programs for their employees. Which program you complete depends on whether or not you handle payment card data.
Prefer to learn from a human? Take the Protecting yourself against cyber crime workshop instead. The workshop is an hour long. It includes lots of interaction, handouts and follow up exercises. Register for the workshop on the Employee Training portal found on MyMRU. Regardless of which training method you choose, all staff and faculty members are asked to complete their training both when they are hired and during the month of October every year.|
To access the online security awareness training course(s):
1. Login to Blackboard using your MyMRU username and password.
2. In My Courses, click to select the training course.
- Which courses are listed depends on what type of employee you are (see information above).
- If you do not have a security awareness course listed in My Courses, you have not been enrolled in security awareness training. To enroll, fill out the Registration for Security Awareness Training Form.
- Please complete all courses that you have been registered in.
- Each course only needs to be completed once, but can be revisited at any time for reference.
If you have any questions about the security awareness training, please contact the IT Training Security Analyst at 403-440-6329.