Frequently Asked Questions


We've put together a listing of the most frequently asked questions. If the answers you're looking for aren't found below, please contact us:


The Main building and Conservatory (ED) are open on holidays but there are no services available (food services, bookstore, etc).
Every year on Remembrance Day (November 11), the entire campus is closed for it's annual Fire Bell testing. No one will be granted access until the testing has completed. Recreation is open reduced hours this day.
During the Christmas holiday Mount Royal University closes for two weeks. Only Faculty and Staff will be granted access during this time.
Mount Royal University is open daily from 7 a.m - 10 p.m. Students, Staff, Faculty and Alumni can enter the University during off-hours, to work and study, via the West gate. Your Campus Card will be required to gain access
EA and EB: Monday - Friday 7 a.m. to 10 p.m., Saturday 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. and both buildings are closed on Sundays and holidays.
EC and ED: Monday - Sunday 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. Please note that these buildings will be secured before 11 p.m. if there are no classes or events taking place.
If you are a student or alumni and want to remain in the Main Building after lock up to study, you must sign in online HERE. This is done for safety purposes and in the event the building needs to be evacuated after hours. 
If you are a Faculty or Staff member, Security Services encourages you to sign into the after hours app. It is just as important that you sign out of the app when you leave for the night.
You can study anywhere you like except secured wings, buildings or classrooms.
Silent study areas are located in the main building on the 1st level T wing, 1st level I wing and 2nd level Y wing.
You can purchase a parking pass through the Parking and Transportation office.
You can also purchase evening and weekend passes from Recreation Customer Service (U wing).

Contact Security Services by calling 403-440-5900. Security Representatives will be dispatched to the area and assess the situation. Security will contact the authorities if required.
Contact Residence Services Administration at 403-440-6275 during business hours. After hours you can contact the On Call Resident Advisor.
If you can't reach Residence Services you can contact Security Services at 403-440-6897 and they will assist you.
Contact Security Services at 403-440-5900.