Employment Preparation Certificate
The Employment Preparation Certificate offers a variety of unique post-secondary courses and activities designed to foster employment, academic and personal growth for adults who have participated in vocational, integrated occupational, modified academic or special education programs.
The full-year program runs from September to August and assists you in preparing for competitive employment and community living. It combines on-campus instruction with community-based work practicums. Work with an Employment Specialist who will provide assistance on the work site.
The program assists you to:
- develop a vocational choice/goal
- improve skills for getting and keeping a job
- improve job-related and personal organizational skills
- develop positive attitudes and habits necessary for successful employment
- enhance social skills
- manage a more independent lifestyle
Students must be capable of using public transit independently. We recommend that you book time with the Access Calgary travel trainer immediately. 403.537.7862Application ProcessThe Priority Application period is now open closed. Applications received during April will be waitlisted.
To apply to the Employment Preparation Certificate program, you must submit the following to the TVP office:
- completed application form with $150 fee (non refundable)
- other requirements as outlined at the interview
Transitional Vocational Program
Mount Royal University
4825 Mount Royal Gate SW
Calgary, AB T3E 6K6