Employment Preparation Certificate
The Employment Preparation Certificate is a full-year certificate program that runs from September to August and assists you in preparing for competitive employment and community living. It combines on-campus instruction with community-based work practicums. You will work with an Employment Specialist who will provide assistance on the work site.
The program assists you to:
- develop a vocational choice/goal
- improve skills for getting and keeping a job
- improve job-related and personal organizational skills
- develop positive attitudes and habits necessary for successful employment
- enhance social skills
- manage a more independent lifestyle
Students must be capable of using public transit independently. We recommend that you book time with the Calgary Transit travel trainer immediately. Phone 403.537.7862 to book an appointment.Application ProcessThe Priority Application period is now open.
To apply to the Employment Preparation Certificate program, you must submit the following to the TVP office:
- completed application form with $150 fee (non refundable)
- other requirements as outlined at the interview
- Application form: Fall 2019 application form
Note: You will need Adobe Reader to view and print this application form. Paper copies are also available from our office.
Transitional Vocational Program, M-200
Mount Royal University
4825 Mount Royal Gate SW
Calgary, AB T3E 6K6