Frequently Asked Questions
1. What do I do after I receive my CARNA letter?
Follow the directions on your College & Association of Registered Nurses in Alberta (CARNA) letter. If CARNA has advised that you take Bridge to Canadian Nursing (BCN) courses, your next step is to contact the BCN advisor identified in your CARNA letter.
2. How do I start the process for application to the BCN program?
You will begin by applying to the BCN Program at Mount Royal University. There are two ways to apply:
- Apply in person at the Registrar’s office (Room A101)
- Apply on-line
After you have completed your online application, submit the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Copy of your complete CARNA letter
- Copy of your English language scores
3. Registration Questions? Who do I contact?
If you have further questions please contact the Bridge to Canadian Nursing office at 403.440.6074 or email@example.com.
4. How long does it take after I apply to find out if I have been admitted ?
After submitting all the necessary documentation (most recent CARNA letter and up to date English language scores), you will be notified by letter of your acceptance into the program. If your documentation is not included in your application, the advisor will contact you to request your current information. If you have submitted the required documentation, you will usually hear within six weeks.
5. After being accepted to the program what is the next step?
The next step is to enroll into your courses. You will be notified by the Advisor through e-mail with your enrollment information. You will also need to pay the Registration deposit as specified in your acceptance letter.
6. How long does it take to complete each class?
The BCN courses follow the semester format and each course takes four to six weeks to complete. The Mount Royal University Schedule of Classes will provide information on start and end dates for each course. You can view the Schedule of Classes online through myMRU.
7. How many classes can I take at one time?
You may only take two classes at the same time.
8. Are there any other requirements that I need for the clinical course?
Please click on the clinical course link for requirements.
9. How long does it take to complete the full BCN Program?
There are 10 courses in a full BCN Program. If you are studying full time, the program can usually be completed in three to four semesters.
10. What are the costs?
11. When do I have to pay my fees?
Fee deadlines appear on the Mount Royal University website. It is the student’s responsibility to pay their fees by the deadline or they will be dropped from their courses and will have to pay a penalty to re-register. Please see the Academic Calendar for details.