Full-time English Language Program
- A Designated Learning Institution (DLI Number O18761482032) by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)
- English Language Program is a Designated Learning Program and eligible to receive foreign nationals on a study permit
- Programs from high beginner to University entrance
- Nationally certified instructors
- Bridge into post-secondary credit studies
- Experience Canadian university life
- Work on campus while you study (some restrictions apply)
- Live in a vibrant city near the world famous Rocky Mountains
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- If you are under 18 years of age and have finished high school, you must have a legal custodian in Calgary. Contact Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada for details. Your application is processed after we receive the proper custodian documents and original high school transcripts.
- Foundational English (high beginner to intermediate): Strengthen speaking, listening, reading and writing skills.
- Academic English (high intermediate to advanced): Build academic English skills before entering university, college or technical school. Graduates with an 80% average satisfy the English language proficiency requirement for degree, diploma and university transfer programs at Mount Royal University.
- It takes approximately 3 months to finish one level.
- Take our placement test before classes start
- Placement test (3 hours) includes your listening, grammar, reading, vocabulary, writing, and speaking skills
- We assign you to a level based on your results
|Fall 2019||Sep 18 - Dec 6, 2019|
|No class Oct 14, Nov 11 |
Reading Week Oct 21-25
|Winter 2020||Jan 7 - March 25, 2020|
|No class Feb 17 |
Reading week Feb 10-14
|Spring 2020||April 1 - June 25, 2020|
|No class April 10, April 13, May 18 |
Reading week May 11-15
|9-1:30 p.m.||Class time||Mon. Tue. Wed. Thu. Fri.|
|1:30-2:30 p.m.||Tutorial time||Mon. Tue. Wed. Thu.|
Do you want to attend beginning in Winter or Spring 2020? Please follow the links below to register.
- International Students (on a Study Permit or Visitor Visa)
- Local Students (Permanent Residents or Citizens)
Do you want to attend beginning in Fall 2020? All students can apply using the link below. (Applications will open on October 1, 2019)
Students may join fitness classes and intramural teams as well as use all of the modern facilities of MRU Recreation, for a small fee.
Check out the many cultural activities and events happening in Calgary.
- Students currently enrolled in Academic English classes are eligible to take designated Academic Upgrading and Open Studies credit courses. You cannot take academic upgrading/credit classes that are at the same time as your full-time classes.
- Students must pass all areas of the previous level and receive an overall average of 80% or better to register in academic upgrading or credit classes.
- See more.
Information for AgentsFind out more information about being a recruiting agent for the English Language Program.Who can I contact?E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: 403.440.5100, 1.866.775.2673
Location: Our office is located in G208, Lincoln Park Campus, 4825 Mount Royal Gate SW.