Full-time English Language Program
- A Designated Learning Institution (DLI Number O18761482032) by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)
- English Language Program is a Designated Learning Program and eligible to receive foreign nationals on a study permit
- Programs from high beginner to University entrance
- Nationally certified instructors
- Bridge into post-secondary credit studies
- Experience Canadian university life
- Work on campus while you study (some restrictions apply)
- Live in a vibrant city near the world famous Rocky Mountains
- NEW! Full Time Summer Term now available!
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- If you are under 18 years of age and have finished high school, you must have a legal custodian in Calgary. Contact Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada for details. Your application is processed after we receive the proper custodian documents and original high school transcripts.
- Foundational English (high beginner to intermediate): Strengthen speaking, listening, reading and writing skills.
- Academic English (high intermediate to advanced): Build academic English skills before entering university, college or technical school. Graduates with an 80% average satisfy the English language proficiency requirement for degree, diploma and university transfer programs at Mount Royal University.
- It takes approximately 3 months to finish one level.
- Take our placement test before classes start
- Placement test (3 hours) includes your listening, grammar, reading, vocabulary, writing, and speaking skills
- We assign you to a level based on your results
|Spring 2019||April 3 - June 24, 2019|
|No class April 19, April 22, May 20|
Reading week May 6-10
|Summer 2019||July 2 - Sep 13, 2019|
|No class July 5, Aug 5, Sep 2|
No reading week
|Fall 2019||Sep 18 - Dec 6, 2019|
|No class Oct 14, Nov 11|
Reading Week Oct 21-25
|Winter 2020||Jan 7 - March 25, 2020|
|No class Feb 17|
Reading week Feb 10-14
|Spring 2020||April 1 - June 25, 2020|
|No class April 10, April 13, May 18|
Reading week May 11-15
|9-1:30 p.m.||Class time||Mon. Tue. Wed. Thu. Fri.|
|1:30-2:30 p.m.||Tutorial time||Mon. Tue. Wed. Thu.|
Students may join fitness classes and intramural teams as well as use all of the modern facilities of MRU Recreation, for a small fee.
Check out the many cultural activities and events happening in Calgary.
- Students currently enrolled in Academic English classes are eligible to take designated Academic Upgrading and Open Studies credit courses. You cannot take academic upgrading/credit classes that are at the same time as your full-time classes.
- Students must pass all areas of the previous level and receive an overall average of 80% or better to register in academic upgrading or credit classes.
- See more.
Information for AgentsFind out more information about being a recruiting agent for the English Language Program.Who can I contact?E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: 403.440.5100, 1.866.775.2673
Location: We have moved! Our office is located in G208, Lincoln Park Campus, 4825 Mount Royal Gate SW.