Guidance Documents

Guidance Documents

These guidance documents and our Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) provide additional information you may find helpful when considering research ethics applications.


Conflicts of Interest in Research 

Do I need HREB Ethics Review? 

Social Media in Research 

Research Confidentiality 

Using the Mount Royal University Adminweb File Transfer System: Portage Network Sensitive Data Toolkit links

Using Health Information for Research

Only five boards in the province are legally able to review Health Information Act (HIA) applications. Mount Royal University has signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the University of Calgary's Conjoint Health Research Ethics Board (CHREB) to review MRU researcher’s ethics applications for HIA applications. 1) Go to CHREB at UCalgary to submit an HIA application using CHREB forms. 2) Once the application is approved at CHREB, MRU researchers must then SUBMIT application documents on ROMEO. 

HIA information for researchers