Office of the Provost and VP Academic
A message from Dr. Lesley Brown: Follow @lesleyabrown
Welcome to the Office of the Provost and Vice-President, Academic of Mount Royal University.
At Mount Royal, the academic mission is the primary mission of the University. I firmly believe that we all play a role in creating an atmosphere of intellectual curiosity that inspires academic excellence and student success. Together, we are building a first-choice institution for students to advance their educational pursuits.
Let’s take pride in our identity as an Undergraduate University and celebrate our successes. Mount Royal University is known for fostering student success inside and outside of the classroom, leadership in the scholarship of teaching and learning and community-engaged practices. Increasingly, we are recognized for our commitment to Indigenous education, the transformative work of changemaking, and a burgeoning culture of research and scholarship.
As Provost, I remain focused on:
- Upholding a bedrock commitment to high-quality teaching and instruction
- Ensuring that our academic program mix remains fresh and relevant
- Welcoming new full-time faculty members to campus, and celebrating the contributions of all faculty members
- Achieving progress on issues of equality, diversity and inclusion
- Presenting a budget that reflects the primacy of the academic mission
I hope that you will join me in striving toward our institutional vision of providing an exceptional undergraduate educational experience.
Lesley A. Brown
Provost and Vice-President, Academic