Program Advising Information
How to Use this Guide
This page offers advising and registration information to students who are new to a program and provides course suggestions for the first two semesters.
STEP 1: Follow the steps under the "You're accepted, now what?" section to help you reserve your seat and activate your mymru.ca account.
STEP 2: Find your program link from the list of programs included on this page.
STEP 3: Read this guide thoroughly and pay close attention to the first-year course recommendations for your major and General Education information. You will likely need to read this information more than once. Give yourself time to understand the information and prepare for registration.
STEP 4: Identify courses you would like to take based on the recommendations included in your program guide. You can use the Interactive Course Search to find brief course descriptions.
STEP 5: Start using the schedule of classes to plan and register in your courses. You can access the schedule of classes through your mymru.ca account, under the Register & Pay tab (Look Up Classes). Register early for the best course selection. For a complete overview of your program, consult mruGradU8.
Resource site for registration help you solve your registration issues: mru.ca/registration
- Activate your MyMRU account: MyMRU is your online registration portal, fee payment system and one-stop information for all things Mount Royal.
- Learn how to accept your offer: You can accept your offer (conditional or final) of admission using the Applicant tab in MyMRU.
- Pay your $425 non-refundable Tuition deposit: This reserves your seat in your program and enables you to register for classes.
- Learn how the course registration system works: mru.ca/registration
- Read your program advising guide (choose your program link below) and find out what courses you need to take
Use the Academic Calendar to explore possible courses of interest and to check that you meet prerequisites. Then use the registration system to find out when courses are offered and to create your schedule.
- Register online
- Find out when you can register
- Registration assistance
- Transfer credit
- Course prerequisite requirements
- Track your progress with mruGradU8
Visit the Current Students webpage to find the many services that are here to support you.
Program Advising Information for NEW students for Fall 2019
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Arts - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Business Administration
- Bachelor of Child Studies
- Bachelor of Communication
- Bachelor of Computer Information Systems
- Bachelor of Education - Elementary
- Bachelor of Health and Physical Education
- Bachelor of Interior Design
- Bachelor of Midwifery
- Bachelor of Nursing
- Bachelor of Science
University Transfer Degrees
- Embalmer Certificate
- Funeral Director Certificate
- Funeral Service Diploma
- Massage Therapy Diploma
- Personal Fitness Trainer Diploma