Applying for government funding


The next funding intake will be for the Fall 2024 term. 

Eligible applicants may qualify for funding through the Government of Alberta’s Financial Learning Assistance Program. 

To qualify for funding you must be:

  • A Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident, or Convention Refugee
    • Note: Convention Refugees must submit the following documents with their funding application: Notice of Decision, valid Work Permit, valid Study Permit.
  • 18 years or older
  • Out of high school for at least 12 months
  • Living in Alberta
  • Unemployed or working less than 20 hours per week

If you meet these criteria and would like to apply for funding, please apply to the English Language Program and then send an email to to request a funding application.

Funding applications are available 2 months before the start of a semester and must be completed before the fee payment deadline for the semester.