English Language Program



The Fall English Language Program will be delivered online through distance delivery starting September 3, 2020.  While not the same as in-person learning, we are committed to providing a positive, interactive and high-quality learning experience for every English language student.  







Will the Fall Semester of English Language Program be modified?

The Fall Semester will be held through virtual online delivery.  The program start date is September 3, 2020.  


I am a new student and I would like to study in the English Language Program at  Mount Royal University this Fall. What should I do?

Please send an email to applylanguages@mtroyal.ca and we will outline your next steps to prepare for study in our Spring semester. 


I am a continuing student and I haven’t registered for my class in the Fall semester yet. What should I do?

We began a new process for the Fall term and your registration has been processed for you and an email sent to you with next steps.  If you are not planning to attend in the Fall semester, please send an email to mrulanguages@mtroyal.ca.


What will happen if I am unable to study remotely for the Fall term?

Please email the office staff at mrulanguages@mtroyal.ca as soon as possible if you are not able to study with us for the Fall semester. We will contact you with the information needed and next steps.


Will I receive a refund if I am unable to study for the Fall term?

The English Language Program standard refund policy will apply.  


Does the shift to virtual online delivery or the change in start date impact my government funding through Foundational Learning Supports?

No. Learners will continue to be eligible for funding.


How will attendance be monitored if my course is delivered online?

Student progress will be monitored based on the instructor’s and the program expectations while also ensuring that the course objectives are met. 


I need to take the placement test for the Fall term.  How will this be done?

New students will be contacted by email with information on how to activate their mymru.ca account and informed how to take our online assessment for placement into a level of the English Language Program after an application to admission has been received. 


How can I get a Completion of Course document or Course Certificate for my employer or partner University?

Send an email to mrulanguages@mtroyal.ca and provide your name, student ID and identify what documentation you need.  We will provide digital documents for you and also forward these on your behalf as requested. 


For more information regarding Mount Royal's response to COVID-19 visit the website for regular updates


The English Language Program in International Education provides a wide variety of courses to enhance your skills for academic study, professional purposes, travel and personal development.

English Language Program: Full-time and part-time courses throughout the year - This is your pathway to Credit Studies at Mount Royal University.

Summer Courses

Teacher Education

Contact us

403.440.5100 or 1.866.775.2673
Mount Royal University, 4825 Mount Royal Gate SW
Calgary AB T3E 6K6


The English Language Program Office is now located in G208 in the Main BuildingConnect with Us

Keep informed about what's new and exciting in the English Language Program. Follow us on Facebook.


Study in AlbertaAre you an international student interested in higher education in Alberta? Read more here.