Eligibility for accommodations and services

Services are available to Mount Royal students who provide documentation of the following types of disability:

  • Attention deficit/hyperactivity disorders
  • Chronic health issues
  • Deafness or hard of hearing
  • Head injuries
  • Learning disabilities
  • Mental health issues
  • Mobility impairments
  • Physical disabilities
  • Visual impairments/blindness
  • Temporary impairments due to accident, illness or injury


Non-disability related academic accommodations

Students identifying with one of the non-disability related protected categories who are experiencing barriers to their education are encouraged to reach out to Access and Inclusion Services to explore what academic accommodations may be available to assist them in order to participate fully in their academic studies.

Accommodations and services are intended to remove barriers to learning, allowing access to course information, enabling you, the student, to demonstrate mastery of the course content and 'level the playing field" while maintaining the academic standards and objectives of the course. Services are based on your unique needs and on the course requirements.

Documentation requirements are available here.

Note that the last day to meet with an Access Advisor to put accommodations in place for the current semester is two calendar weeks before the last day of classes.

Policy 517 - Academic Accommodations for Students Experiencing Disabilities


Talk to us about an accessibility concern at Mount Royal University