Apply to graduate
Once you have determined that you have met your program requirements and you are eligible to graduate, you must apply to graduate to be awarded your credential. If you are graduating after the fall or winter semester you must apply to graduate by Feb. 28. If you are graduating after the spring or summer semester you must apply to graduate by July 31.
- Complete an Application to Graduate form, which can be picked up at the Office of the Registrar.
- Fax, mail or bring the Application to Graduate form to the Office of the Registrar.
- Login to MyMRU
- Click on My Program
- Click on Apply to Graduate
- Click on View submitted applications to graduate (top of page)
Once your graduation application is received it will be reviewed by the Records area to confirm graduation eligibility. Once all program requirements are satisfied the request to graduate goes to the General Faculties Council for approval and your credential will be awarded.
Your application status may be viewed online by viewing your unofficial transcript. The application status is located under the section header ‘AWARDED’ at the top of the online unofficial transcript, under the current program information. The following indicators will explain where the status of your application to graduate is currently.
- Sought – Not yet under review
- Pending – In process of being reviewed for eligibility to graduate
- Program Requirements Met, pending General Faculties Council approval
- Awarded from Sought – Credential has been awarded
If you are ineligible to graduate, the Records area will contact you and you will receive a letter notifying you of which requirement(s) you are missing. We recommend that you meet with an academic advisor to determine your options for the future. Once you have completed all program requirements, please re-submit your Application to Graduate.
If you decide to attend Convocation you will pick up your parchment the day of the ceremony. If you have chosen not to attend Convocation your parchment will be mailed to you the first business day following the ceremony. The parchment will be mailed to the most current address we have on file for you. Please ensure you update your record with your most current address.