Centennial Gold Medal Nominations
Any Mount Royal student, staff or faculty member can nominate an eligible student for the Centennial Gold Medal. To start the nomination process fill out the form below.
Eligibility and criteria
Nominees will be considered by the selection committee in terms of the following criteria:
- graduating from a degree program
- graduating at the upcoming Spring Convocation
- must have a cumulative GPA of 3.7 or higher
- demonstrates leadership through involvement in campus and community activities
- Nominators must be faculty, staff member or a student of the university.
- The nominator must complete the nomination form, have the candidate sign the form and confirm all contact information is correct. Additionally, a letter or paragraph outlining the rationale for nomination needs to be attached to the nomination form.
- Nominations are to be received by the Manager, Student Awards and Financial Aid no later than March 15 each year.
- Nominated students will be sent a letter asking them to submit a resume of their work and extracurricular activities, as well as a short essay (approximately 250 words). explaining how their leadership has impacted the Mount Royal community.
- The Student Awards selection committee, a sub-committee of General Faculties Council Student Awards Committee, will review the student’s submission and select the Centennial Gold Medal recipient.
Acknowledging award recipient
The recipient of the award will be presented with the Centennial Gold Medal at Spring Convocation.