One-on-one / Small Group Appointments
Book a 30-minute appointment with a Writing & Learning Strategist to discuss:
- studying more efficiently
- creating a study schedule for final exams
- improving memory and concentration
- reducing test anxiety
- planning out a writing assignment
- citing sources accurately
- writing with correct grammar and punctuation
Note: We won't edit your paper, but we can help you learn how to edit effectively!
- Maximum number of appointments per student per day = 1
- Maximum number of appointments per week = 2
- NEW: You can have up to two bookings in the system at any given time.
- Appointments are available to all credit students, plus Academic Upgrading and AE3 students.
Did you know? If you are working on a group project, we can meet with small groups of up to 3 students.
How to book
- online through MyMRU (Look for the blue Book It button on the Academic Success tab)
- in person in EL2100 (in the RLLC)
- by phone 403.440.6452
What to bring
Bring whatever materials are useful for the appointment:
- assignment instructions
- essay draft
- sources(s) from research
Cancellation and Booking Policies
- Cancel at least 2 hours before your appointment, or it counts as a no-show. Give us as much notice as possible so we can serve other students.
- If you have 2 no-shows, you will be unable to book further appointments until the next semester.
- If you book 2 appointments for the same day, the later appointment will be cancelled. You will be notified by email.
Can't get an appointment or
have a quick question?
Drop-in across from the RLLC Service Desk (**15 minutes max.**)
- Monday to Friday, 12:00 - 1:30 p.m.
- 1st come, 1st served
- Bring the necessary materials (see above)
- Have your questions/concerns ready