Accounts and passwords
Please see our comprehensive overview of Banner for password requirements, training opportunities and access information.
Fast passwords must be changed or set using Banner.
New users: All new users must activate their MyMRU account in order to receive a username and set their password. The account activation process requires your employee or student ID. Visit MyMRU and select the Activate your account link to activate your MyMRU account.
Username and password recovery: If you have an activated MyMRU account but have forgotten your username or password visit MyMRU for recovery.
- Click the Forgot Password link located under Account Resources.
- The recovery process requires your employee or student ID number.
- Your password should include a combination of letters and numbers.
- Passwords must be 8 or more characters in length.
- Your password can contain the following special characters: % # @ - or _ .
- Changing your MyMRU password will change your Google password as well.
Faculty and Staff: If your account activation or password change is successful you will see a list of updated servers and the message: Your passwords have been set.
Note: It may take up to 5 minutes for the password change to synchronize throughout the MRU system.