Resources for Academic Success
There are many free services at Mount Royal University to help you achieve academic success. Your Academic Advisor is a great place to start if you are unsure of how you should plan for academic success. Academic Advisors can help you:
- design a plan for academic success that incorporates student services at Mount Royal
- identify your current obstacles to your academic success
- choose courses, calculate your GPA, understand how your current program connects to a future career
- understand degree and program requirements
There are many other services available to you as a student. If you are unsure of which service to use, refer yourself to Early Support for help navigating resources.
Would you like support with any of the following topics?
- Personal crisis or family issues affecting your ability to succeed in your courses
- Stress associated with test anxiety or procrastination
- Motivation issues due to a lack of career direction
If so, contact Student Counselling Services at 403.440.6362 or visit room U216.
Contact Student Learning Services at 403.440.6452 or visit room T123.
Student Learning Services can assist you in determining how you learn best and what you can add to your study regime to boost your confidence and abilities both in and out of class. Book your free appointment with a Writing and Learning Strategist early in the semester and consider visiting often for guidance on your writing. Watch for workshops offered all semester that you can attend if an appointment isn’t convenient for you. Be sure to inquire about the Peer Tutor Program – you are eligible for two free hours of tutoring per week.